Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to get ACT calendar to update with Outlook Calendar

How to get ACT calendar to update with Outlook Calendar

[ Edited ]

I am trying to update my Outlook calendar with my ACT calendar going just one way, ACT to Outlook.  I am using the following steps but nothing is showing up in Outlook.

To update your ACT! and Outlook calendars

1. From the Tools menu, point to Outlook Activities, and then click Update Activities.

The Update Outlook Activities dialog box appears. For more help, press F1.

1. In the Update box, select an update type (One-way or Two-way), and then from the list for the selected update type, select the synchronization direction or the calendar to log the changes in.
  2. From the For these dates list, select a date range option. If you selected Date Range, select a start date (From) and an end date (To).
  3. Click Update.

I am using ACT 2007 version 9.0 and Outlook 2003.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Chris

Message Edited by cannan on 08-20-2008 11:28 AM

Re: How to get ACT calendar to update with Outlook Calendar

cannan,

The ACT! address book will need to be added to Outlook.

How to Update your ACT! and Microsoft® Outlook® Calendars

Tuned Listener

Re: How to get ACT calendar to update with Outlook Calendar

In our office, we use an add-on product called CompanionLink which allows both one-way and two-way sync between ACT and Outlook.  We use a one-way sync for Contacts, Calendars and e-mails so our PDA users can see their calendars and e-mails at all times.  It can be configured pretty specifically and has worked well for us. 

Try http://www.companionlink.com/   We're using version 2.0, but I know there are more updated version.  However, we had trouble when the AutoUpdates for Windows brought in a .NET 2.0 file that conflicted with operation of CompanionLink.  I had to uninstall the .NET 2.0 update so CompanionLink would continue to work.

Didn't know if you were still looking for information on this or not - I just came across it on the Forum.

Christine Kearns, Office Manager