Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to find contacts with NO future meetings

Skilled Commentator

How to find contacts with NO future meetings

I can easily find future meetings etc of course. However I am trying to find contacts (specifically current clients) with no future meetings scheduled. So the opposite. I have purchased SAM to help with (and other areas it works great for) and to have it schedule a call when it finds contacts with no future activities.  However I cannot find a way with ACT or SAM for either of them to find contacts with NO future activity.  SAM seems to only be able to find future meetings etc and schedule a call based on the regarding etc.  Is there a way I can solve this either with SAM or with ACT? Or any other way to work aorund this? Thanks

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: How to find contacts with NO future meetings

Scott,

We have an add-on for ACT! called Impact - Task List Module 2011 that allows you to create a "reversed Lookup" This feature will create a lookup of all contacts that are not attached to the selected activities. To use follow these steps:

1) Download and install Impact - Task List Module 2011

2) Go to the Task List and select all your activities

3) Right-click to open the popup menu and select "Create Lookup reversed"

ACT! will open the Contact list displaying all contact in the current database who do not have activities from the selected task list.

Hope this helps

-- Jim Durkin

www.DurkinComputing.com

Skilled Commentator

Hi Jim,

Great thanks for that! Any idea if I can then somehow use that list from your product to automatically (or at least semi automatically) schedule a call for each of these contacts?

There's not much point us having the list if then it's still a time consuming and manual process to book these calls for all the clients.

Essentially all "current clients", in the field "client type" should always have a meeting, call or to do booked in future. We are after this to find out which staff member hasn't done this (and will forget to call if nothing booked in) and a way to easily have these calls booked for them. 

Thanks for the help,

Scott

Tuned Listener

Hi Scott,

Did you ever find a solution to "no future activities".

DId you try the ACT ADD-ON?

I have been told that ACT 2011 can do it but have not found out how.

Thank you for any feedback

Scott

1080 IT, Inc.

Bronze Super Contributor

You can do this in native ACT! but it has the 150 contact limitation:

1) When the contact list comes forward select all the contact rows.
2) Right-click and select "SCHEDULE-> MEETING"
3) When the "Schedule Activity" window comes forward click on the OPTIONS menu in the upper right corner
4) Select "Create Separate activity for each contact"
5) Fill out your desired Meeting information
6) Click OK

If you select  more than 150 contacts at one time ACT will not let you schedule those activities. .

Our  Impact - Task List Module 2011 add-on has the ability to schedule more then 150 at one time and also assigns these activates to multiple user. The activities will be equally divided amongst the selected users. So if you have 200 contacts and you select 4 users each user will be assigned 50 activities.

1) Install Impact - Task List Module 2011 and restart ACT!
2) Go to the Task List  view
3) Right-click and select "SCHEDULE-> MULTPLE ACTIVITIES"
4) From this window enter your desired activity information and select the users you want to assign them to.
5) Click the [Create xx Activities] button.

Hope this helps

Jim Durkin

jim.durkin@durkincomputing.com

http://www.durkincomputing.com/Download.aspx

Skilled Commentator

Hi Jim,

Great thanks for that, that's a great tool for some other things I'm after.  Can it be set up so the activities are schedules for the record manager?  Also I already use CVP which is great and I'm looking at a few of your other things like Impact.  When will all the webinars etc on your new site be done so I can see all the features properly?

I still want to try and find a more automated solution (which I thoguht SAM would do when I bought it) for my original issue.  As this is a daily thing we need to know doing it manually will be a pain.  Anyone got any advice??? Is SAM unable to do this???

Hi Jim, where can I find this Impact - Task List Module 2011.

Thanks

Bronze Super Contributor

you can go to this page to download the free trial:

http://durkincomputing.com/Download.aspx

Hope this helps

-- Jim Durkin