Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to file "received replies" from Outlook to Act account history

How to file "received replies" from Outlook to Act account history

I am a new user, but used Goldmine for several years.  I can not seem to find an answer to the question I have.

When I receive a reply from a contact by email, I want the reply to be attached to the history record of the contact so all correspondance can be reviewed if the need arises.  How do you make this happen?  Also when sending an email from an Act account (from mine for example) the history shows the email was sent, but nothing is listed for the body of the email.  If I want to go back and review information that was sent via email how do you tell Act to keep the body of the email in histroy as well?

I have found where you can attach an Outlook email to a contact, but after doing so, I do not see where the email is attached to the contact within Act.

Running Act Standard 2008

Windows XP Media Center Service Pack 2

1 GB Ram

Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How to file "received replies" from Outlook to Act account history

tinker6468 wrote:

I am a new user, but used Goldmine for several years.  I can not seem to find an answer to the question I have.

When I receive a reply from a contact by email, I want the reply to be attached to the history record of the contact so all correspondance can be reviewed if the need arises.  How do you make this happen?

Incomming email have to be manually attached. This is much easier with ACT! 2009

Also when sending an email from an Act account (from mine for example) the history shows the email was sent, but nothing is listed for the body of the email.  If I want to go back and review information that was sent via email how do you tell Act to keep the body of the email in histroy as well?

This is a setting in Outlook | Options | ACT! tab

I have found where you can attach an Outlook email to a contact, but after doing so, I do not see where the email is attached to the contact within Act.

Running Act Standard 2008

Windows XP Media Center Service Pack 2

1 GB Ram

Thanks.

GL

Thanks for the reply.  I should have waited another week before purchasing and got the 2009 oh well, can't wait forever I guess.

I understand the manually attaching the email, but my question arises from the following:

In Outlook tool bar I can select "Attach to Act Contacts" for an email

An attach window opens up to select the desired contact

After making selection and clicking OK, where does the email get filed?  I would assume in the contact history but this does not appear to be the case.  I figured I must be missing a step during the manual process for the filing

Sgae US has a 30-day return policy, so you should be able to get the upgrade for free if it's only a week ago.

You need to set the option in Outlook | Options | ACT! - by defauly it will only put the subject, not the email

Mike, I just spent an hour with a support tech trying to do the same thing. I get no ACT tab in Outlook Tools Options in Version 11. I'm told everything can be done from ACT now, no need to go to change Outlook settings so I won't see an ACT tab in Outlook.

Yet he went looking for it.... go figure.

HebrewsC4V12 wrote:

Mike, I just spent an hour with a support tech trying to do the same thing. I get no ACT tab in Outlook Tools Options in Version 11. I'm told everything can be done from ACT now, no need to go to change Outlook settings so I won't see an ACT tab in Outlook.

Yet he went looking for it.... go figure.

Yup all done from ACT! now in 2009... much better

Mike

I didn't know about the return policy, might be something to look at.  However it took me (me and tech help on the phone) a week to get it running correctly after 4 install tries.  I am not sure I want to go through all that again. 

Get it anyway, even if you don't upgrade now... it really is the best version so far.
Copper Contributor

You may be having successful recording of history .... but .... there is often a time lag between when you add email history to a contact's record and when it actually shows up there .... "refresh" the contact info or depress F5.

rickpiet wrote:
You may be having successful recording of history .... but .... there is often a time lag between when you add email history to a contact's record and when it actually shows up there .... "refresh" the contact info or depress F5.

Well, it's designed to operate at a low priority so as not to interfere with your work :-)