Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to enable duplicate company names in the companies screen ACT Professional V8.0.2.82

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

How to enable duplicate company names in the companies screen ACT Professional V8.0.2.82

I have are quirement whereby I do need to allow duplicate names to exist in the (Company Name) in the companys screen. This is due to hierachical needs of the type opf compnaies we deal with.

I have enabled duplicating through preferneces E.g. (Tool > Preferences) but still, when I enter a name that already exists,  I get the error message advising me thet the value already exists. How can I get around this, I know that duplicates are mostly a no no in a database but I do need them on this occasion. Any advise would be much appreciated.

Act V8 2007

Thanks

Paul

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author papwpau
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How to enable duplicate company names in the companies screen ACT Professional V8.0.2.82

Duplicate company names are not allowed with the version that you have. You would need to upgrade to version 10 or later for that capability.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author papwpau
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How to enable duplicate company names in the companies screen ACT Professional V8.0.2.82

Duplicate company names are not allowed with the version that you have. You would need to upgrade to version 10 or later for that capability.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129