Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to control the Font and Font size in the History, Notes and Activities tab

Accepted Solution Solved
Astute Commentator
Accepted Solution

How to control the Font and Font size in the History, Notes and Activities tab

Using Act 2010 and Win 7. I am fully aware of how to go into tools > design layout and using properties change the fonts/size and all the other things you can do but no where in there do I see that you can change the font etc for the "notes", "history", and "activity" tabs as there is nothing in there. There must be a way to do this. Can someone tell me how please?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author epalanb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: How to control the Font and Font size in the History, Notes and Activities tab

Hi,

if you what change the Font Size for the Notes & History tabs

Tools--->preference--->you will find a Tab called "color & fonts" in that you can change the Font Size

Smiley Wink

thanks 

Knight rider 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author epalanb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: How to control the Font and Font size in the History, Notes and Activities tab

Hi,

if you what change the Font Size for the Notes & History tabs

Tools--->preference--->you will find a Tab called "color & fonts" in that you can change the Font Size

Smiley Wink

thanks 

Knight rider 

Astute Commentator

Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for.

I don't post alot so I can't tell if your question about font size was answered or not.  But I can tell you this.  You can go to Tools>Preferences>Colors & Fonts then in Views select "Notes Detail Composition" then select Font and make the changes you desire.  Ok, Apply, Ok.   Now go to an old note and look at it, its the same size, changing preferences only affects new notes.  Type a new note and look at it, its your new font size.  All notes from then on are the new size.  If you want to change the old notes sizes you have to manually change them right at the note.  Now comes the bad news.  If you want to create a report with a different font size, it won't work by just editing the report field in the Properties Box on the right side.  This has no affect at all.  The only way to make Notes a different font or size is make them the size you want in the actual Note.  The size in the Note is the size you get in the report, there is no way to fix this.  I believe it is a problem with Act! because every other field in a report can be customized in the Propoerties Box and they take affect.  Try it.  Create a Note and change it's size right at the Note.  Then go run a report you will see the Note is the same size as you changed.

Thank you.   I have been changing the font manually for over a year and a half.  I decided to try again today to find an answer to my inquiry after following the instructions from other posts to no avail.  They all say to make the changes for "Notes", which did absolutely nothing in regard to changing the font in the notes I enter under my contacts.  The important part of your response included, that the change needs to be done in "Notes Detail Composition", NOT just "Notes." I just tried your solution and it worked.  I am all set.  Thank you so much!

my act premium on line doesn't have the Notes setting under Tools.  any other suggestions?

Administrator

The settings for font sizes are under Tools > Preferences > Colors and Fonts - this is still the case for the latest version of Act! (v20)

Please note, that font settings are only available on the desktop version of the software, they're not available via the web client.

I am on the web client, so not applicable to me.  Notes were in Arial font, then just the other day, seemingly on its own, starts using Segue font.  how'd that happen?   Thanks Ralph

Administrator

If you're using Act! Premium cloud our servers were upgraded to the latest version over the previous weekend - this included a few tweaks to make the UI look a little more modern, this did include a few changes to fonts in a few areas.