Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to change the usable area in Layout Designer

Astute Commentator

How to change the usable area in Layout Designer

Let me explain:

I am in Layout Designer. There is one window on the top that has some info in it like the contact etc. There is another window on the bottom that contains all of the tabs, both the ones that were made for me (like history, notes etc) and the ones I have created. Obviously within each tab there are fields, labels , memos etc.  In the design layout for the tab in question I have filled up the window, but when I close the layout designer and go to Detail View there is a lot of room to the right of everything and some room to the bottom. I would like to utilize this space, but I can not figure out  how to change the size of the area in which I can put the fields and the labels etc.

Could someone please tell me how to do that?

Thanks,

Alan

Astute Commentator

Re: How to change the usable area in Layout Designer

Someone must know how to do this? I would greatly appreciate some help on this one.

Alan

Bronze Contributor

Re: How to change the usable area in Layout Designer

I struggled with this too.  I didn't find anything that made it easy; however, Roy Laudensiager really came to my rescue.  Take a look at this link and see if it helps.

I found I had to tinker with it time and time again.  Even today, I haven't found a tutorial that makes it simple. 

Good luck.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit