Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to change the "Is user" contact?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

How to change the "Is user" contact?

I have an empty contact with the first name and nothing else as the "Is user," and a contact that has all the relevant information and group memberships. How can I change the entry that has the "is user" status? Thank you! I'm on Act v17.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author DMI
‎10-27-2015 08:10 AM
Administrator

Re: How to change the "Is user" contact?

Hi DMI,

If you do a lookup to contain only the 'is user' contact, and the contact with the relevant info, you can go to Tools > Copy/Move Contact Data... to copy the data from the normal contact to the 'is user' contact.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author DMI
‎10-27-2015 08:10 AM
Administrator

Hi DMI,

If you do a lookup to contain only the 'is user' contact, and the contact with the relevant info, you can go to Tools > Copy/Move Contact Data... to copy the data from the normal contact to the 'is user' contact.
Nickel Elite Contributor

Hello, While you have defined that contact as a user, this field will not change.

First of all ... make a backup of the database  (File Menu - Backup - Database) Including attachments, and use a folder you created for this backup.

Then go to the manage users and delete that user (Tools menu - Manage users)

If that user has history or business opportunities, it is important to delete the user but not the contact to use the other information you have.

Best regards,