Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to change the "Is user" contact?

Accepted Solution Solved
DMI
Accepted Solution

How to change the "Is user" contact?

I have an empty contact with the first name and nothing else as the "Is user," and a contact that has all the relevant information and group memberships. How can I change the entry that has the "is user" status? Thank you! I'm on Act v17.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author DMI
‎10-27-2015 08:10 AM
Administrator

Re: How to change the "Is user" contact?

Hi DMI,

If you do a lookup to contain only the 'is user' contact, and the contact with the relevant info, you can go to Tools > Copy/Move Contact Data... to copy the data from the normal contact to the 'is user' contact.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author DMI
‎10-27-2015 08:10 AM
Administrator

Hi DMI,

If you do a lookup to contain only the 'is user' contact, and the contact with the relevant info, you can go to Tools > Copy/Move Contact Data... to copy the data from the normal contact to the 'is user' contact.
Nickel Super Contributor

Hello, While you have defined that contact as a user, this field will not change.

First of all ... make a backup of the database  (File Menu - Backup - Database) Including attachments, and use a folder you created for this backup.

Then go to the manage users and delete that user (Tools menu - Manage users)

If that user has history or business opportunities, it is important to delete the user but not the contact to use the other information you have.

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com