Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to cancel making a new contact

How to cancel making a new contact

ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.2.76.0

Let me first say that I am new to Act! and apologise if my question is a stupid one.

If I go to create a new contact (or company) and after clicking the 'New' button change my mind and decide I don't want to create a new contact after all, but navigate away from the Contacts view. If I click (say Opportunities) I get an error saying:

"One or more errors have been detected. Place your mouse on the red error indicator(s) to display the error message(s)."

the only way out of it seems to be to create a junk contact and then delete it.

Surely there must be a way of cancelling a 'New' when you're part way through.

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks

Gary

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How to cancel making a new contact

There is, it's called deleting the record. As soon as you click New a new record is created in the database, that can't be canceled, only deleted.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Contributor

To expand on Roy's comment, you don't even have to save the record.  You can delete it anytime during the creation process regardless of how much of the information you have entered.  Hope that helps too. 

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

Hi jnpurdy, can you expand on your last post?  If I'm in the middle of creating a contact, and want to delete it, how do I do that without first having to save it?  Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello aaelghat,
Welcome the Sage ACT! Community. If you are in the middle of creating a contact and decide you want to cancel, the easiest way is to right-click on the contact screen and choose "Delete Contact". Once you click the New button, the record is created, so the only way to get rid of it is to delete it.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.