Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to add multiple fields at one time

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

How to add multiple fields at one time

I just upgraded to version 11 from version 6.  While I am generally quite happy, the design layouts seem to have a few shortages.  I lost my version 6 layout when I had a machine crash.  Luckily the database was backed up-  but not the layouts.  I have probably 200 custom fields which I now need to add to my layouts- all of which look as thought they imported.

When I go to add a field to the screen there is no way to add multiple fields without going back to the field button each time.  If I have to add these all one by one, it will be an incredibly long process.  Act 6 let you double click the field names and it added it to the layout automatically.  Please lmk if there is a way to do this.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jans
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: How to add multiple fields at one time

Try holding Ctrl on your keyboard then clicking on multiple fields within the 'Select Field' window.

Once you've highlighted the fields you require, click Add to place all of the selected fields onto the layout.

You can then drag and drop them to rearrange as required. 

Simon Hales
Sr. Commercial Marketing Manager
Swiftpage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jans
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: How to add multiple fields at one time

Try holding Ctrl on your keyboard then clicking on multiple fields within the 'Select Field' window.

Once you've highlighted the fields you require, click Add to place all of the selected fields onto the layout.

You can then drag and drop them to rearrange as required. 

Simon Hales
Sr. Commercial Marketing Manager
Swiftpage