Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to add individual opportunity products to a contact report.

How to add individual opportunity products to a contact report.

I apologize if this is something that has already been solved, but I was unable to find and answer by searching.

Is it possible to add individual opportunity product names and discounts to a contact report. We have tried using subreports yet keep getting errors.

Thanks for your help.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How to add individual opportunity products to a contact report.

I would need more information about what you are trying to do before I could say whether is was possible on not. It may be but it depends on just what you are trying to do.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Cheers for getting back to me!

I work for a school photography company. We use act to store contact data on all schools in our target area. Alongside this we are using a 'paradox' purpose built database for booking shoots. This database has become outdated, also due to our size it would be beneficial to centralize all data.

We would like to start using the opportunities section on contacts as a booking system rather than a sales tool. We are currently building a contact report that provides information to all stages of the company workflow.

As part of the contact report, the photographer and lab would receive a copy outlaying products and services applied to the Job. Each job booking will have a multiple of 'product/services' entries. Our contact report needs to display information from these multiple entries. 

Contact > Opportunity > Product/Services > Name, Price, Discount etc etc.

We've tried to acheive the desired result by using 'subreports';

1. Created a 'ContactID' feild.

2. Created a subreport to link as 'Contact ID'

3. Made subreport visible.

4. Created a field with record type: Contact Opportunity Report

5. Chose field: Name, price, discount etc etc

6. Print preview, then this error:

Error: Object reference not set to instance of object.

If you need any more info let me know.

Thankyou.

Platinum Elite Contributor

I believe I understand what you are trying to do and that won't work. Basically you can have a product detail subreport for an opportunity based report or an opportunity subreport without product detail for a contact report. I think what you are trying to do is have a product detail subreport for a contact based report.

Please check your private messages, upper right corner of the screen. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy, you have hit the nail on the head. That is exactly what we are trying to do. We've decided to use the opportunity user fields to create a duplicate of the record of the product. Although the info will be entered twice, it will enable us to print it within a contact report.

Thank you for you help!!!  Smiley Wink