Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to activate the Letter Sent dropdown?

How to activate the Letter Sent dropdown?

[ Edited ]

I've been searching the product Help menu for Act! 11.0, FAQ sections (11.0… etc.), and existing message board posts, but I cannot find out how to work with letter sent, nor with call attempt/reach.

For example, I would like the database to recognize when I save a letter that I write for a mailing to a contact, and so the letter sent drop down will record that.

Also, for the call attempt/reach, how do I utilize that function, so it will record the time and date of the last call I made?

How do I activate these functions? Your prompt response is appreciated. Thanks.

[Edit: Removed erroneous lines of code]

Message Edited by ghollister on 11-03-2009 04:22 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How to activate the Letter Sent dropdown?

Hello jazzGray,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community.

1. Unfortunately, there is no control over the automated history functions. When a letter is written and printed, and you have chosen the option to record it in history, the default "Letter Sent" history type will be used. If you wanted to use your own history types and results, then you would have to save the document, then create a manual history entry and attach that file. you would first need to create the custom activity type/results by going to Write/Manage/Activity Types

2. The Last Attempt and Last Reach fields are system fields that are triggered by specific actions. The Last Attempt field is updated when a history type of Call with the result of either "Called Attempted" or "Called Left Message" is created. The Last Reach field is updated when a history type of Call with a result of "Call Completed" is created. There is no customization available in the program for these actions.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: How to activate the Letter Sent dropdown?

Took me a while, but following up appropriately. Thanks Greg, I appreciate your response with this information.