Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to access ACT 2009 database

How to access ACT 2009 database

For some reason,  2059 number of alarm pop up in a windows (most of them are OLD).

The ACT is freezing (in Task manager it shows NOT RESPONDING, and in the process windows, ActSage.exe take up 50% of CPU times). Nothing we can do to access ACT.

The last backup we have is 16 days ago (which is not good).

Is there a way to access the database, to clear those alarm? (Tried to access ACT7 with SQL Server studio, but no password can go thru).

Any idea or advise for this problem?

Thanks.

Reinhard

Bronze Contributor

Re: How to access ACT 2009 database

Reinhard,

Which version are you using and what changes did you make that this began to happen. You could try running ACTdiag from the Start, Run menu and there are some diagnostics there but from your note there appears to be missing information to assist diagnose.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

You can either set your system clock back a couple months to clear the alarms or call into ACT! technical support.  They  will have a utility to clear alarms up to a certain date.

My boss (his laptop is the Publisher) accidentally sync his OLD PALM TREO (He has OLD PALM which use Palm Desktop and NEW Treo Pro which is Windows Mobile and both are active).

The other computers (Subscriber) was synced to the laptop, and now are having the same problem.

Mine is not synced yet. So I can still access ACT. Can my database (subscriber) be copied to my boss laptop (Publisher)?

(When he runs ACT on his laptop, the laptop becoming so slow because ACT is taking 50% cpu time).

We are using ACT 2009.

Really appreciate any hints....

Regards

Reinhard