Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to Sync with iCloud

How to Sync with iCloud

Hi all,

The marketing collateral for Act v17 specifies iCloud support, so I downloaded the 30-day free trial and can find nothing about iCloud in any of the documentation or support resources.  Any ideas?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: How to Sync with iCloud

yep same thing with drop box

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6
Bronze Super Contributor

It's referring to the fact that you can save documents as attachments using a URL.

If you go to the Documents tab and select 'Add Document' you now have the choice of 'Link' as well as 'Shortcut' and 'File'.

The Link means a URL to Dropbox or iCloud.

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

Laaaame!  I very much doubt that's what people are expecting when they read 'iCloud support.'

For the record, I was a fan - a trainer, in fact - but abandoned Act in 2004 (ish) because it wouldn't sync with my smart phone.  Ten years later, it still can't sync directly with an iPhone?  Really?!

Thank you for wasting my time, Act! marketing team!

Bronze Super Contributor

Perhaps you should look at Handheld Contact before passing judgement! It sync all smartphones and tablets.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

What part of "sync directly" do you not understand?  Talk about "passing judgement...."  To clarify, I tried Handheld Contact and found it kludgy at best.  Third-party band aids were acceptable a decade ago, when smart phones were bleeding edge.  Today, contact managers are expected to interface gracefully and seamlessly - er, "directly" - with popular smart phones and mobile devices.

I really enjoyed (and even evangelized) Act! when it was owned by Symantec, but ever since it was spun off, there's been very little innovation (but plenty of marketing).  It's a shame, because ever since Outlook phased out call-logging / journal entries, there's been a need for an affordable contact manager that can do these things without being an expensive, enterprise-class CRM.

Sorry to bicker, but knowledge is power.  Hopefully, somebody can use this feedback constructively.

Copper Super Contributor

Well here is a solution get yourself a real phone like Samsung have totally no problems sinking it with my Act

But its also a business case take Smart Pen 3 years now i have been waiting for it to release an Android version of their App, the business case is there for them to do it but still nothing

When you look at the fact that about 35% of iphone users are under 25 and it jumps to 55% under 35 coupled with iPhone usage of 65% for games and social media

Not really a strong case for a business to spend money developing it for a hand full of iPhone junkies

Also i ask this question, you claim to have been an active supporter of Act until 2004, its safe to assume you went some place else, so my question is why did you download a test of Act and not the latest version of what ever other CRM software you are using? What it does not support iPhone??

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6