Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to Stop ACT From Deleting Outlook Contacts?

How to Stop ACT From Deleting Outlook Contacts?

I am struggling to get the best integration setup between my Outlook contacts and Sage.  I do not need all my Outlook contacts in ACT, but I need enough of them that I decided to replicate them all over from Outlook.  I setup specific SyncSets to indicate which ACT contacts I want to synchronize with Outlook.  However, if I delete a contact in ACT that is not part of one of those SyncSets (but was created in ACT by the initial replication of all contacts) it deletes the contact in Outlook.  That does not sound like it is paying attention to my SyncSets.  How can I stop this?  I'm using ACT Pro 2011 and Outlook 2010.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How to Stop ACT From Deleting Outlook Contacts?

Personally, I wouldn't use the ACT! Outlook sync if you rely on the data and expect to be able to modify it in both systems ... it has lots of issues like this and others that can cause data loss or duplication in both systems.
Copper Contributor

Except the sync you advise not using is the biggest selling point they pushed with this version.  Outlook syncMan Indifferent

Platinum Elite Contributor

Copper Contributor

I have 2 clients experiencing a similar issue: ACT seems to randomly delete some of their Outlook contacts. No warning or anything, and the contacts are not deleted in ACT.

Any ideas what causes this and how to fix it? It's pretty irritating to have to re-do the entire contact sync setup everytime this happens.