Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to Make Shortcut or Icon to Print Envelop

Copper Contributor

How to Make Shortcut or Icon to Print Envelop

How do I make a shortcut or toolbar icon to print an envelop?

Copper Contributor

Printing an envelope in one step

Does the lack of a response to my question mean that it is difficult to set up a one step "print envelope" shortcut or is the solution so obvious that everyone thinks I am a total neophyte and should learn more by trying to figure this out myself?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Printing an envelope in one step

Not a difficult task, but maybe not so obvious.  You can add a toolbar item to either open the Menu to select the Envelope type or have it bring up a specific envelope type.

1. To bring up the Print selection screen: go to Tools > Customize > Menus and Toolbars.  Click on the Commands tab > highlight File in the left column > drag Print from the right column up to the top toolbar. 

2. To print a specific envelope type: you will need to create a Custom Command (with in the Menus and Toolbars option) pointing to the envelope type file (found in your 'Database files\reports' folder - ex: '10.env') > then drag that new command to the toolbar. 

Here is an article with steps for creating a custom command: KB Article 14284

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Re: Printing an envelope in one step

Thanks Greg,

You are correct, it is not really obvious and there was nothing directly apparent in the knowledgebase either. I am surprised there isn't at least one specific envelope shortcut or icon supplied and ready to go.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Rick