Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to Disable Outlook Integration

How to Disable Outlook Integration

Now that we've installed Act! and have been using it, we have decided we do not like the Act! for Outlook integration.  I don't like that it attaches all my emails to our database, I don't like how it wants to automatically default to using the Act! address book instead of my Outlook one....we just don't like it.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to get rid of this integration.  I've gone through my trust center in Outlook and "disabled" both the Act! add-in and the redemption helper, and it still will not stop attempting to attach messages to contacts in Act! and using the Act! contact address book.  I've even un-installed and then re-installed Act!, to no avail.  How do I get rid of any "Act! for Outlook" programming for my computer?

Bronze Contributor

Re: How to Disable Outlook Integration

You can set the integration not to try and attach every email but if you want to remove the integration then you can do this via the preferences email TAB

You will also need to remove the ACT Outlook service from the registry run command so it does not load at startup

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Re: How to Disable Outlook Integration

pbuchtmann wrote:

You can set the integration not to try and attach every email but if you want to remove the integration then you can do this via the preferences email TAB

You will also need to remove the ACT Outlook service from the registry run command so it does not load at startup

Can you please tell me how??

A little background:

I'm using ACT Premium for Web with Outlook Integration.  It was working very well previously until I got a notice that the version was out of date and needed upgrading.  Prior to the upgrade, I would manually attach an e-mail to a contact history as I deemed necessary.  After the upgrade, it is attaching every e-mail on its own.  I don't want it to do that!  As an example, I trade casual e-mail with some database contacts that do not need to be recorded in ACT (e.g. "How 'bout that game last night!?", "Have lunch plans?", etc.).

Would you mind giving a novice like me some instructions on how to find the particular setting that switches me back to the 'Don't attach all emails automatically, let me determine which ones are worthy of recording in history" setting?

If it helps, I am not the 'Administrator' of our ACT server, just a user, but I did do the Outlook Integration install for only my machine.  I've gone into the Tools/Preferences/Email menu in ACT and don't see an option there.  The Outlook Integration toolbar in Outlook doesn't seem to have much in the way of settings either.

Your help is much appreciated!