Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to Assign a Contact multiple Primary Emails

How to Assign a Contact multiple Primary Emails

We are finding that some of our contacts want us to send email communications to more than one email address.   We use both the Mail Merge and Write an Email from Template options and want to have these emails send to more than one primary email address per contact.   Does anyone know what the steps are to make this happen?

Most of our staff are using Microsoft Outlook (Microsoft OfficeStandard 2010) on Windows 7.  

We are currently using ACT version 16.0.291.0, Hot Fix 5

Thanks for your help! 

Bronze Contributor

Re: How to Assign a Contact multiple Primary Emails

Hi Kelly and welcome to the ACT Community forum.

That's actually a pretty good question; however, ACT in its native mode is set up as a 1 to 1 contact manager.

Having said that, though, you would have to create multiple contact records with a primary eMail address.  I would also take advantage of the ID/Status field to indicate this is not the primary record for history and phone calls.  In fact if it is just for eMail blasts, I wouldn't put in the title, phone, address or any other information that is not mandatory.

Then in the primary person's record, I would take advantage of the relationships tab and add all the other contacts that are just there for additional eMails. 

There may be an add-on software product that may help, and I assume that one of the gurus in this forum might be able to add more information for you.

Hope this helps.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit