Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do you verify Email distributions before they go?

How do you verify Email distributions before they go?

I use Outlook 2003 with ACT 9.0. We want to be able to verify message contents and file attachments in an email before it is sent. We use Mail Merge with templates and then attach pdf files and send to a group distibution list. We want to to verify that the correct files are attached to the correct distribution list before the message is sent. However, once the mail merge is complete, the messsages go before you can verify anything. If a message is sent to one contact, it works similar to outlook and you see the message before it goes. How can we veriffy contents of a mail merge message to a distribution list after the contents are added, but before it is released?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How do you verify Email distributions before they go?

The problem is that with most merges, the result would be huge and most machines lack the resources.

Just do a test run to a couple of contacts before the full merge.

For best email merges, you should try MergeMaster or SwiftPage

Re: How do you verify Email distributions before they go?

GLComputing wrote:
The problem is that with most merges, the result would be huge and most machines lack the resources.
Just do a test run to a couple of contacts before the full merge.
For best email merges, you should try MergeMaster or SwiftPage

That's unfortunate that you have to purchase an add on for that to be feasible - I've used the Maximizer CRM and you can do a merge to multiple addresses, and it creates an email message with "Merged Recipients" in the "To" field, and then you can go ahead and treat the email message as you would a on-off one. The final message is sent as if it's one message per person rather than a bulk to a distribution list. They also have a method whereby the email message is generated as a mail merge viewer (like Word's mail merge) and you can edit each individual message, if you wish. Seems to be a significant limitation to me about ACT, but then, I'm still figuring stuff out.