Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do You manually remove all traces of Act! 2012?

[ Edited ]

I have tried to install ACT! 2012 for over a week, have never have been successful

My original posting;

http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/Can-Not-Get-ACT-2012-Premium-Trial-to-Install/td-p/204070/highl...

I now receive dialogbox;

"An earlier version of Sage ACT! has been detected. To install Sage ACT! Premium 2012, unistall your previous version and start this installiation again"

And there is no "Sage ACT!" in the Windows Program and Features , nothing to unistall is present.

Any Help or suggestions?

Joseph

Silver Super Contributor

Re: How do You manually remove all traces of Act! 2012?

Joseph,

I have to admit that I admire your tenacity.  I think anyone that is still trying to get ACT! working after trying for a month ought to have someone give him a hand.  I'm not in the habit of providing ACT! consulting services for free but I've been watching your other thread over the last month and if you're still interested in trying ACT! I'll be happy to remote in and see if I can get it working for you for free no strings attached.  I've been working with ACT! since 1990 or so and an ACT! Certified Consultant since 1997.  I can probably get it working for you.

You can find my contact information at www.adsprogramming.com if you're interested.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How do You manually remove all traces of Act! 2012?

Joseph,
This Knowledgebase article provides instructions for manually removing ACT! 2012:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2807...

I would also recommend going behind the removal process with a cleanup utility like CCleaner or Revo Uninstaller (both free).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.