Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I upload my Microsoft Outlook Calendar into ACT!?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

How do I upload my Microsoft Outlook Calendar into ACT!?

I just installed ACT! on my computer and am now trying to get my Microsoft Outlook Calendar events uploaded into ACT!. I plan on using ACT! as my calendar once I get everything from Outlook saved in ACT!. I have followed the steps below but I don't have the option of clicking Copy Calendar Now. Is there another method for copying calendar events in Outlook onto ACT!? Thank you!

Setting Preferences - Copy Calendar

Setting Preferences - Copy Calendar

This topic explains setting preferences for copying data between ACT! and Outlook calendars.

From the Tools menu, click Preferences.
  1. Click the Calendar & Scheduling tab.
  2. Click Calendar Integration Preferences.
  1. Select copying options:
  • Date range to copy:
  • Select Next. Specify a number of days to copy a specific number of future days.
  • Select Other to choose from an expanded list of options.
  • Calendar data to copy:
  • Copy - Select this option to copy calendar data in one direction. Select a direction. This is the option I want since I want Outlook to be copied into ACT!.
  • Copy between both calendars - Select this option to enable two-way synchronization between your ACT! and Outlook calendars. If an activity has changed in both calendars, select which calendar's changes to keep.
  1. Clear the Show this dialog when I choose Copy Calendar Now check box to automatically copy calendars using your default preferences whenever you use the feature.
  2. (Optional) Click ACT! Scheduler to create a task to automatically copy calendars at set times.
  3. Click Copy Calendar Now to save your preferences and use the feature. Do not have the option to click Copy Calendar Now.

or

Click OK to save your preferences and exit without copying.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ahong
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: How do I upload my Microsoft Outlook Calendar into ACT!?

What happens (or screen is presented) when you go to Tools > Outlook Calender Integration? 

You should see "Copy Calendar Now" and "Removed Calendar Data" - do you see both of those options? 

What version of Act! are you running?

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ahong
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

What happens (or screen is presented) when you go to Tools > Outlook Calender Integration? 

You should see "Copy Calendar Now" and "Removed Calendar Data" - do you see both of those options? 

What version of Act! are you running?

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you for your response, Greg!  I realized that there are several profiles in Microsoft Outlook and that it had to match with my ACT! profile name.  Once I did this, I was able to sync/upload the calendar.  Smiley Happy

How did you match profiles? I have a problem where my outlook appointments are not showing in act and vice versa. How do I select the outlook profile and what outlook file should be used?

Upload Outlook to ACT 2011 Pro

Looking over previous post we do not have any of those tools or calendar integration preferences.

Please provide further solutions.

Re: Upload Outlook to ACT 2011 Pro

Hello David,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

With Act! 2011 you will not have these same options - you will have the Outlook Synchronization feature.  Here is an article with information about the Calendar sync: KB Article 26995

Greg Martin
Sage

I have done everything to set up my ACT Outlook Calendar Integration.  For some reason it is not working.  At one time it did  work and now it is not.  I use Windows Outlook 7 and ACT ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1. 

Any help please.