Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I search contact history and create lookup?

Copper Contributor

How do I search contact history and create lookup?

Does anybody know of a way to query conact history?  Lookup options facilitate searches of contact, opportunity, company and group fields but how do you search contact history?  Often times we create histories without creating activities.  e.g.. What if I need a lookup for all contacts time period = last month, results = "call attempted", and regarding = "sales opportunity follow up"... ?  I know I can define a report template and/or use ACT! OLE in excel to grab read only of CONTACT_HISTORY table and then filter, but there must be another way to create a lookup within the application?

If not, does anyone know of a 3rd party ap that will do it?

Re: How do I search contact history and create lookup?

Keyword search will allow you to search histories, notes, activities, opportunities and more. You can access Keyword Search in the Lookup menu.

Advanced Lookup Features in ACT!

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: How do I search contact history and create lookup?

Another way that should work is to do a lookup > Contact activity and specify a changed since date for the date range you want, specify the history type as call attempted and run the query with those options.  Then do a keyword search on that lookup and specify "sales opportunity follow up" as the search value and the type of entries = history.