Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I remove contacts from list view

How do I remove contacts from list view

Hi, I'm new to Act and trying to find my way around. Glad I found this forum. My question is, I have approximately 2,000 contacts in the database right now and moved about 300 of them into a newly created group and was about to start creating more groups to move the other contacts into. I thought that by moving them to a group they would no longer show up in the Contacts List View but apparently I am wrong. After moving the contacts I selected Omit Contacts and they appeared to be gone from the main List View. However, when I shut the program down and restarted, they were there again. I really don't want to see 2,000 contacts when I go to a list view, is there any way to do this?

Thank you

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How do I remove contacts from list view

No. All contact remain in the contact table. When creating groups you are attaching the contact to the group, not removing it from the contact table.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Super Contributor

Keep in mind that the Contact List view is driven by what the current lookup is...

Thanks for the replies. My concern is that I have quite a few contacts that just dont have a logical group to associate them so it they sort of get lost in the mix if I do a full list view. Something I'll get used to I guess.