Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I reinstall Act! Pro 2013 and extract zipped files

How do I reinstall Act! Pro 2013 and extract zipped files

We recently backed up our Act Pro 2013 database, soon after our computer died. We called ACT to see how we could reinstall ACT onto a new computer and were given a link to download. I downloaded the link which takes me to a Demo or Free Trial, but since we had ACT PRO 2013 prior I went to Open/Share Database.

My question would be how do we extract our backed up data into a Open/Share Database ? I clicked on "The database I want is not listed," but does not list anything

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How do I reinstall Act! Pro 2013 and extract zipped files

If you made the backup with ACT! then do a restore as of the backup file on the new computer.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you.

I have another question regarding sharing databases. We were able to reinstall our backup database but just realized that when I Schedule an Activity for our To Do List  for another User , she is not able to see it and vice versa. We then went to check our Groups and noticed that our Recently Edited Contacts did not list the same as each other. So our problem is that when my Director and myself add New Info we are not able to see each others changes.

Could you please help us with synchronizing  our databases ? We also read into .PAD files but not sure how to make the changes. We noticed our PAD Files are both different, would that be incorrect ? Do we need to have the same PAD FILE

Thank you for your help

Platinum Elite Contributor

You're main problem is that you're each using a different copy of the database, you're not charing a single database. 

You can't synchronize two pre-existing databases. To synchronize, you would need to first conbine the databases and then setup synchronization. An alternative would be to have one machine be the server for the database and then share the single database over the LAN. You should consider getting the services of an ACT! Certified Consultant to help you do the setup.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129