Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I record notes I send to customers?

Mo
Copper Contributor

How do I record notes I send to customers?

As a part of my real estate activities I send hand written notes to clients and would like to track them. At this point the only way I know how, is to manually enter this activity by using the "record history" function then by selecting "write letter, email" under the drop down (I wish I could customize the choices to have a "note sent" selection). Another way which would be ideal, is when I print a label it is automatically recorded as "access" under the "results" tab to which I can include the word "note". The only problem, is that I have been unable to search this field so as to get a total number of notes sent at the end of the week. Any ideas? Thx
Copper Super Contributor

Re: How do I record notes I send to customers?

You can create custom activity (history) types by going into the Schedule Menu, Manage, Activity Types. As far as automating recored history during the creation of a label, I suppose you could script it in the "report" but exactly how to do that is beyond me.
Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA
Mo
Copper Contributor

Hi Brad,

At least we're 50% there with your advice. For clarity, automation is not the challenge as that is occurring when I print the label. Searching that occurrence is.

Many thanks,

Mo

Copper Super Contributor

Right right

Recording the fact that you sent your note with a history gives you a method to report on or view in a variety of ways.

You can't record multiple items (note dates) in a single field, well you can but it's not elegant.

Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA
Mo
Copper Contributor

Exactly. It is still not exactly as I want it. Right now, it is done manually, and I am forced to select "email or letter written" from the drop-down because in the "history summary classic" report the four default columns only include a "letters sent" heading not the new "note sent" field I created per your advise.  Creating a new report or modifying an existing one is not for the faint of heart from what I gather Smiley Wink.   So back to square one. Label printed, note sent, auto recorded in history with the inability to search that auto entry. That is followed by a manual "activity completed" entry by selecting a "letter sent" selection in the drop-down, then I am good to go.