Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I place the same value/word in a user field for every contact in a lookup

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

How do I place the same value/word in a user field for every contact in a lookup

I'm upgrading from ACT 6 to ACT 2010.

In ACT 6, if I was working with a lookup of, let's say, 50 contacts in a database containing 7,000 contacts, and wanted to enter the same word in User 11, for example, I would use a macro that would enter the first entry in the drop down menu into every contact in that lookup.  My macros would do this in as many as 1250 contacts.

Macros are not  part of ACT 2010, as far as I can tell.  How can enter the same value from the drop down menu into all contacts in a lookup in the new version?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author AlanD
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How do I place the same value/word in a user field for every contact in a lookup

What you shoud have done in ACT! 6 is the same thing that you do in ACT 2010. Get you lookulp and then go to Edit | Replace Field.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author AlanD
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How do I place the same value/word in a user field for every contact in a lookup

What you shoud have done in ACT! 6 is the same thing that you do in ACT 2010. Get you lookulp and then go to Edit | Replace Field.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thanks