Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I move/copy fields that "calculate" ?

Copper Contributor

How do I move/copy fields that "calculate" ?

I am trying to create a new layout. When copying and pasting old layout to new layout most everything works, EXCEPT, I can not get the AGE field (which calculates age based on birthdate) to work. It won't "calculate".  How do I get that field over to the new layout?

Thanks

Running ACT v10 with Financial Professionals Overlay V12
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: How do I move/copy fields that "calculate" ?

You must either be using ACT! for Financial Plannners or some other customized variation of ACT!, as ACT! in the Pro or Premium flavors do not come with an Age field OOTB.

Your process - and the ability even to do so - is going to depend upon what ACT! addon you are using...

Can you provide more info?

Copper Contributor

mscott821 wrote:

You must either be using ACT! for Financial Plannners or some other customized variation of ACT!, as ACT! in the Pro or Premium flavors do not come with an Age field OOTB.

Your process - and the ability even to do so - is going to depend upon what ACT! addon you are using...

Can you provide more info?

You are correct. I apologize. Not only do I think the answers to many questions lie here, but I imagine you to be mind readers as well : ) ACT! by Sage for Financial Professionals Version 12.1.0.181x30, Hot Fix 1 English (United States) Sage Software, Inc. This is actually ACT V10 with the FACT overlay. Does that help? Larry
Copper Contributor

Anybody?

Platinum Super Contributor

Fields shouldn't be copy/pasted from one layout to another, they need to be 'added' to the new layout.

To do this:

- click the 2nd occurrence of 'Field' in the left column

- use left click to draw a box on the layout approximately where you want the field to be placed

- release left click and Select Field box displays

- select desired field > click Add

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

gmartin wrote:

Fields shouldn't be copy/pasted from one layout to another, they need to be 'added' to the new layout.

- select desired field > click Add

Unfortunately, the field "Age" and "Primary" are not fields that can be "selected".....

Can't find them.  Any other thoughts?

Be sure that the actual field names are correct. Looking at a contact, right click on one of the fields (data area, not label) - in the menu, look for 'Lookup ABCD'. 'ABCD' will be the actual field name. Do this for both fields and then try adding them to the layout.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

gmartin wrote:
Be sure that the actual field names are correct. Looking at a contact, right click on one of the fields (data area, not label) - in the menu, look for 'Lookup ABCD'. 'ABCD' will be the actual field name. Do this for both fields and then try adding them to the layout.

Well, thanks for the idea but that didn't work. For example, the field called "Primary" does not have "data". It's not in the "list" of fields. The age date says "cage" but that data doesn't show up in the fields list either. So, it's already being used somewhere else or I deleted it by accident.

Thanks anyway.

A couple of ways to double check to see if they are even in the database:
1. Tools > Define Fields (if these are system fields, they won't be listed).
2. Go to Contact List view > click View > Customize Columns > check list for field name.

If the fields are not listed in these 2 places, they probably aren't in the database.

Greg Martin
Sage