Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I make all fonts the same size in the Contact layout?

Tuned Listener

How do I make all fonts the same size in the Contact layout?

[ Edited ]

FIRST TIME USER HERE SO NOT SURE IN ENTERED CORRECT BUT:

HAVE PROBLEM WITH DESIGN LAYOUTS

IM TRYING TO HAVE ALL THE FONTS IN A DATA BASE THE SAME SIZE SO I WENT TO:
TOOLS

DESIGN LAYOUTS

CONTACT

HIGHLIGH EACH LINE TO MAKE SURE ALL HAVE SAME SIZE FONTS.

HERE IS MY PROBLEM

HOW DO YOU HIGHLIGHT EACH LINE?

MAC

Subject edited for new thread

Message Edited by ghollister on 09-29-2009 01:35 PM
Tuned Listener

Re: How do I make all fonts the same size in the Contact layout?

[ Edited ]

I STILL DONT KNOW HOW TO HIGHLIGHT ALL CONTACT

WHEN GOING TO DESIGN LAYOUT TO HAVE ALL FONTS THE SAME SIZE.

MAC

Message Edited by ghollister on 09-29-2009 01:36 PM
Bronze Super Contributor

If you are asking 'How do I select more than one control in a layout at a time' while you are editing your layout, here is the answer:  Click with your left mouse button and drag with the mouse, drawing a selection box around all of the items that you want to change the font for.  When you release the button, you will see selection handles on all of the controls (labels and fields) that are selected.  Changing the size of the font in the toolbar will change them all.

If you cannot drag a selection box due to the way that the layout is laid out, you can press the Ctrl key on your keyboard, holding it down, and individually click each item you want to edit in the layout, again applying the font change after selecting.

Tuned Listener

I STILL NEED HELP AS I CLICKED WITH LEFT MOUSE AND DRUG  ALL SELECTIONS I WANTED  AND RELEASED BUTTON AND CHANGED THE FONT IN THE TOOLBAR.  BUT

I MUST BE MISSING SOMETHING SIMPLE AS WHEN I WENT TO MY CONTACT LIST I STILL HAVE COMPANY NAME IN A LARGE FONT LIKE 14 AND THE REST ARE IN 8.

I MUST BE MISSING A STEP

I DID SAVE THE LAYOUT AND NOT SURE HOW TO PULL IT UP.

MAC

Platinum Elite Contributor

Mac,

Here are the methods you can use to multi-select items on a layout:

- Hold down you Ctrl key on your keyboard, and individually click the field labels and fied boxes you want to select. Do not release the Ctrl button until you have clicked all the fields you want to select

- Hold down the Ctrl button and press "A "on your keyboard to select ALL fields and labels on the layout.

- Place your mouse cursor to the upper left of the left-most field you want to select. Hold down your left mouse key and move the mouse so it will start drawing a box. Release the mouse when the box encompasses all the fields you wish to select. You can only use this to select fields that are adjacent to each other.

Once you have selected the fields you want, select your font from the toolbar.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Super Contributor

Might be simpler just to change the one that's wrong then?
Tuned Listener

GREIG: THANKS FOR THE ANSWER

BUT WHEN I FINISH I CAN NOT OPEN OPE THE TOOL BAR TO CHANGE THE FONTS

SO I MUST BE MISSING A MINOR ITEM.

HOW DO I OPEN UP TOOL BAR AS IT IS HOW DO I SAY IT

IN A DARK SCREEN.

THANKS

'

MAC

The toolbar is normally at the top of the layout designer. Is it missing completely of just inaccessible?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

I CAN SEE IT

BUT CAN NOT OPEN IT

[ Edited ]
It looks like that if you have selected all or multiple fields, and one of those fields is a checkbox (Yes/No) field or Picture field, then it grays out the toolbar since those options cannot be used with these field types. After you have selected all or some of your fields, go through and deselect any checkbox field (small square) or Picture field, by holding the Ctrl button and left-clicking the field with your mouse. Do not release the Ctrl key until you have deselected all checkbox and picture fields. The rest of the fields should remain selected and the toolbar should be accessible.
Message Edited by ghollister on 10-23-2009 02:50 PM

Greig Hollister