Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I increase the font size on the CONTACT DETAIL (Main Page)

How do I increase the font size on the CONTACT DETAIL (Main Page)

Hello.

I am merely a grampa, retired and l use ACT to keep track of all my friends. I am not a software engineer and have very liitle technical knowledge. 

Here are my questions:

#1 How do I increase the font size on the "CONTACT DETAIL" (Main Page) ? How do I increase the font type on the "CONTACT DETAIL"?  Please expain in as manner assuming I have little Computer Technical Expertise.

#2 How do I eliminate icons (that I never will use) from the top bar?  The icons are not "drag and drop" to remove like Microsoft EXCEL or WORD.

Thank you..

Andy 

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: How do I increase the font size on the CONTACT DETAIL (Main Page)

Hello Andy,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

You can increase the font size and change the font type by using the Layout Designer.  This is found under the Tools > Design Layouts > Contact menu.  In the Layout Designer you can select individual fields and update them to an appropriate size and also rearrange them for more efficient workflow.  You can also remove unnecessary fields from the layout (they will remain a part of the database, just won't be displayed on that particular layout).

Here is an article that explains how to customize your Layout and contains pictures to help illustrate the steps:

Designing Layouts In Act!

Greg Martin
Sage
Silver Contributor

Re: How do I increase the font size on the CONTACT DETAIL (Main Page)

Greg is absolutely correct, but as a really simple option, consider changing the windows display properties.  Right Click on your Windows Desktop, and choose Personalize if Vista, and then display settings.  Then under the section under Resolution, experiment with different settings.  To the left makes the items on the screen bigger, to the right allows for more to fit on the screen, and makes them smaller. 

This will effect all of your programs and not just ACT!.  If you issus is just ACT, use gregs options, This option might be tried first because it it simple.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider