Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I import data from one Act data base to another?

How do I import data from one Act data base to another?

We have 2 data bases in Act, and now we want to combine the Contacts from one data base to the 1st data base, because it's too hard having TWO calendars. 

Could someone give me the steps or tell me where to find the steps to make this happen.

Thank you for your assistance,

Barbara 

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: How do I import data from one Act data base to another?

the answer depends entirely on what version(s?) of act! you are running.  in some cases you may want to use the native import tool, but you may also need the help of export and/or import tools.

need to know:

1. version of act!
  2. number of contact records
  3. whether activities are important, or not.

warm regards,
bevan wistar, ACC
bevan@zip-city.com
twitter.com/zip_city
g 949-478-2701

We are using 2010.

I only need to move the contacts when they accept our bid.( Originally the person before me was putting them into a "lead" data base.  Now we don't do it that way, but there are some who are accepting our bids and are in the original "lead" data base, and rather than doing all that typing, I'd like to just bring the info forward.

Is that something we can do, one or two at a time?

Thank you for your assistance.

Barbara

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Barbara,

Yes, you can do a lookup of the contacts you would like to export, then go to File > Export. Choose to export to an ACT! database, enter the login information for the database you want to export to, then choose the option to export Current Lookup. This will export only those contacts in your lookup to the target database. For more detailed instructions, please see the following article from our Knowledgebase:

How to Export Data From One ACT! Database To Another

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you, I appreciate all your help.  I'll let you know if I run into any difficulty.

Have a great day!

Barb