Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I get past the access to the path is denied error?? dependentDlls.xml is denied,

Copper Contributor

How do I get past the access to the path is denied error?? dependentDlls.xml is denied,

Access to the path xxxxxxxxx for windows 10\dependentDlls.xml is denied,

I tried the solution posted of adding everyone with full control but I stil get the error message.  what is this error and how do I fix?

any help would be appreciated.  I am running vista 32 bit home premium with Act for Windows 10.

Silver Contributor

Re: How do I get past the access to the path is denied error?? dependentDlls.xml is denied,

Try turning off UAC or choosing Run as administrator

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

Re: How do I get past the access to the path is denied error?? dependentDlls.xml is denied,

Hi

UAC off and program run as administrator.   any thoughts?

Silver Super Contributor

Just delete it.  It's in %appdata%\act

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

after deleting dependentDlls.xml it looked like ACT was going to load then I got a different error message

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

any help??

Silver Super Contributor

ACT! will automatically recreate the dependentdll.xml file every time it starts up so deleting it isn't a problem.  I suspect that you still have an issue with write access to that folder.  To troubleshoot I would use actdiag to remove your preferences and try to open the ACT! Demo database and see if you have the same issue.  That will tell you if you're having an issue with your database or ACT!.  I've also seen that error occur when a 3rd party addon wasn't working properly so if you have one you could try removing it.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

not sure what happened but I am now able to launch ACT however I ran into some new issues....

1.  doing a lookup by first or last name I get the following error message

System Unauthorized Access tot he path

long string of text

2.  if I try to save a copy of the database I get

the specified location for your copy database is invalid.  a database must be copied on a drive on your machine

I'm a long time act user going back more than 10 years.  I just started having all these weird issues in the past year.  it;s really aggecting my business.

please help!!!

Copper Elite Contributor

Where is your database located (directory, machine,etc)? This sounds like a permission issue where you are getting blocked in some way.

Kris Lock
Inside Sales Manager/ACT! Certified Consultant
Technology Transfer Services
www.techtransfer.com
www.myodesie.com
Copper Contributor

I have a dual boot scenario.  so I am currently logged into my F Drive where the ACT database is located.  I had deleted the dependent Dlls in order to get around the access issue.  I also went into actdiag per stan's message above.

I can now launch ACT successfully but I get the new error message whenever I try to do a lookup.

I am extremely frustrated with ACT and ready to scrap.  Please help!!

Silver Super Contributor

Post the entire error message you get so we can see what the error is.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com