Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I get past the access to the path is denied error?? dependentDlls.xml is denied,

Copper Contributor

Re: How do I get past the access to the path is denied error?? dependentDlls.xml is denied,

screenshot attached

screenshot

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: How do I get past the access to the path is denied error?? dependentDlls.xml is denied,

Do you get the same message if you open the Demo database and attempt a lookup?  I know Stan mentioned trying this, but not sure if you did - would determine if it is database specific.

Kris Lock
Inside Sales Manager/ACT! Certified Consultant
Technology Transfer Services
www.techtransfer.com
www.myodesie.com
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

yes I get the same error on the test database

Silver Super Contributor

There is probably a security setting on a folder that is causing you a problem.  The error message doesn't really make sense to me since there isn't a "TBL_CONTACT.FIRSTNAME.History" object.  It's probably a shorthand naming convention used by the programmer to indicate where they were getting the issue.  It could be the Attachments folder in ACT! or it could be the system Temp folder.  It's a little difficult to debug without more information.  If you want to troubleshoot it yourself you can go to sysinternals.com and use their file monitor application to see what file it's trying to access when it gets the error message.  That should point you in the right direction.  There may be a better tool out there that will give you that information though.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!