Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I find all contacts NOT in a group?

How do I find all contacts NOT in a group?

Hi All. 

I'm trying to re-group all my contacts given some changes in the way we manage our business.  Is there a way for me to get a listing of all the contacts that are NOT in any group?

Thanks. 

a
Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

Re: How do I find all contacts NOT in a group?

It is not a feature out of the box. But you can use an add-on like our UrWithout for ACT

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }
Copper Contributor

The answer is normally a long winded process in where you must lookup every group in the database and use Edit > Replace to 'tag' the contacts by puttin gany value in an empty unused field.
You can then look up all the contacts without the tag to find the contacts not currently in a group.

I realize this is a very old thread and there may be a better way to do this.  But I have had a lot of success with ACT 17 doing all kinds of specialized searches using the "Messenger ID" field.  We don't use that for anything in our business, so by viewing it I can add data in that field to help me sort certain contacts in and out of a lookup.

For the question at hand and as mentioned above by another user, I do a lookup of an entire group and I add a code to the "Messenger ID" field, say "xxxxx" using the edit/replace field command. Once all contacts that I want to have the code have it, I view all contacts and sort by the "Messenger ID" field.  Then I select every contact with the xxxxx code and click on "omit selected" to remove them from view.  

That leaves all the contacts not in a group as the current lookup, where I can tag and add to group as appropriate.  Lastly, I view all contacts again and do an edit/replace of the "Messenger ID" field to remove all the xxxx entires to an empty field for every contact.