Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I export a list of addresses from a Lookup in snail -mail-convenient format? Pro v16

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

How do I export a list of addresses from a Lookup in snail -mail-convenient format? Pro v16

Hello,

I want to do a snail-mail-shot to those who come up on an Opportunity Lookup, but I can't work out how to do this (except the painful way of clicking on each contact name in turn and exporting the vCard).

Can anyone help?

It's ACT! Pro v16, Windows7 64-bit.

Many thanks for any help in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Actwright
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How do I export a list of addresses from a Lookup in snail -mail-convenient format? Pro v16

Export isn't required. Create your lookup in the opportunity list (filter or highlight and right click to lookup selected) then right click on the filtered list and do create lookup. you will now have a lookup of the contacts associated with your opportunity lookup.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Actwright
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How do I export a list of addresses from a Lookup in snail -mail-convenient format? Pro v16

Export isn't required. Create your lookup in the opportunity list (filter or highlight and right click to lookup selected) then right click on the filtered list and do create lookup. you will now have a lookup of the contacts associated with your opportunity lookup.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the reply Roy. I'm not explaining myself properly. What I need is a list of snail-mail-addresses of all Contacts in an Opportunity lookup. I can get the Opportunity lookup OK, the correct list of contacts, no problem. (I filter by occurrence of a particular word in the Opportunity fieldname.) This shows a list of the correct contacts in the large right-hand pane.

If I then right click on the filtered list and click Create Lookup as you say, all that happens is a single contact page show for the first contact in the list ("1 of 1" - there are no others.) 

So what I am looking for is a single list of snailmail addresses like....

Contact

Address1

Address2

Address3

City

Zip

Contact

Address1

Address2

Address3

City

Zip

Contact

Address1

Address2

Address3

City

Zip

one after the other that I can print out envelope labels for and send flyers to.

Hope you can help!

Copper Elite Contributor

You need to select all of the contacts before doing the right-click|Create Lookup step.

Once your Lookup has been selected, you can go into List View, Customize the columns to include the ones that you need, and Export the list to Excel. You can use the file as a secondary merge file for labels/letters.

Alternatively, you can File|Print your lookup contacts using a Label template.

Hope this helps.

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP
Copper Contributor

Mark, Roy,

Many thanks for this solution - got it !

Much appreciated. Smiley Happy