Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I delete multiple companies?

Copper Contributor

How do I delete multiple companies?

I need to delete a few hundred companies from my database.  Obviously one at a time is not the ideal.  I can query them into a list but I don't see a way to delete more than one at a time.  Any suggestions?
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: How do I delete multiple companies?

Copper Contributor

Thanks Tom....this is so basic I'm just surprised it isn't a standard feature of ACT.  Thanks again....

I agree 100%.  I just imported 16,000 items as companies by accident and now you want me to pay to get rid of them? not very impressive.  How hard is it to create a delete function.
cjk

Hey Tom - Do you have another way for me to obtain your utility?  For some reason my system will not install it with the version of .NET framework I have installed.  Thanks much.

Hi there,

I know this thread is a little old now, but I was just wondering if anyone could advise me on the best way to delete multiple company records in one go. I have inherited a database with a lot of old rubbish that needs to come out & I'd rather not do it one at a time.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Tuned Listener

I have the same problem, I have to delete over 5000 companies from an old database, and even with a recorded macro it's unthinkable

it baffles me that a 2010 software does not have such an obvious feature...

what can we do ?

Tuned Listener

So after doing some research I figured the only option is to pay 100$ for an addon that does a basic feature...

really?

I was also looking to restrict some companies to only a certain team of users, but there are NO OPTIONS to modify more than one company at a time...

how am I suposed to make 6000 companies appear to one team but invisible to the other

This is getting a bump because it's just absurd that I'm sitting here repeatedly clicking del -> enter for the past hour working to delete 8000 companies. I'm not going to have my company pay $100 for something that should be a base feature in the program, instead I'm going to reiterate that they should consider another product.