Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I copy the layout in a tab to a new tab in a different layout? ACT 10 for Financial Professionals

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

How do I copy the layout in a tab to a new tab in a different layout? ACT 10 for Financial Professionals

I am trying to modify an existing layout in a tab to include fields from another layout in a tab. I know how to create a new tab in the existing layout however, I can't figure out how to get all the fields in from one to the other.

I have tried to highlight the layout, copy it and then try to paste it to the existing layout, but all I get is a few field names. I am trying to avoid having to manually insert, in the existing layout, each field name, drop down, etc.,

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Larry

Using Act 10.02 For Financial Professionals

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How do I copy the layout in a tab to a new tab in a different layout? ACT 10 for Financial Professionals

Not an option... you can copy the graphical part (eg the text labels), but the fields need to be added manually

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How do I copy the layout in a tab to a new tab in a different layout? ACT 10 for Financial Professionals

Not an option... you can copy the graphical part (eg the text labels), but the fields need to be added manually

Not what I wanted to hear. Oh well.  Thanks Mike.
Using Act 10.02 For Financial Professionals

In Layout Designed, I copied (by dragging my mouse from one end to another end diagnolly within the tab) some custom fields (fields that I created) from a tab that I created in a custom Contacts layout, I then opened the Groups tab in Layout Designer, created a new custom tab and then pasted the fields. What I got was all of the look, not only the text labels but also grey boxes as I had laid them out in the cusom Contacts tab. NOW what I find perculiar is the fact that when I double click the aforementioed grey boxes within the Layout Designer I am prompted to choose from the Contacts fields that I created and not the Groups fields. However, when I click a new field within the Layout Designer and drag it onto my new custom tab within the Groups layout I am prompted to enter Groups fields.

Why is this cross-over happening?
What will happen if I choose to use the Contacts fields within the Groups fields?