Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I convert an ACT calendar to an Outlook calendar

How do I convert an ACT calendar to an Outlook calendar

[ Edited ]

All I want to do is to take calendar data from ACT and import it to Outlook so we can move to another more intuitive platform. There is an export facility, but it only exports contacts. I did try and set up synchronization, but it says it is doing something and nothing changes. Does anyone have a clue about this nightmare - it seemingly tries to lock in to annual updates to guarantee you functionality you werepromised when you bought it.

{Keep it courteous}

Message Edited by dlunceford on 08-05-2008 04:48 PM
Nickel Contributor

Re: How do I convert an ACT calendar to an Outlook calendar

Which version exactly do you have? Look under Help|About Act.

I assume you tried the activity exporter?  Its under Tools|Oulook Activities|Update Activities

Check out knowledgebase article #19213 at ACT.com

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA

ACT! by Sage 2007 (9.0) Version 9.0.0.557  - yup, tried that

actually I am going to try and use Doublelook to synchronize to O2003, then synch that to our new CRM, then upgrade to O2007 - then we will be free Man Happy
Nickel Contributor

I've used doublelook for years. great product.

As far as ACT is concerned, try updating to 9.0.1  I dont know if that will fix your particular issue or not, bt at least you'll have the most recent update to your version.

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA

I thought of that, but then saw the thing about the database needing to be rebuilt - so with 6 users it can be hard to find the downtime. I am dismayed that ACT doesn't do half the things it was marketed as doing and then when they are available it is in an extra cost upgrade.....   and people have the cheek to complain about MS :-
Platinum Elite Contributor

pfletcher wrote:
I thought of that, but then saw the thing about the database needing to be rebuilt - so with 6 users it can be hard to find the downtime.

I believe you are referring to the schema rebuild for the new update. This happens automatically when the database is first opened with the new build and if the database is shared only needs to happen once. In my experience the rebuild typically tacks at most a couple of minutes.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129