Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I change checkbox data in word merged document?

Tuned Listener

How do I change checkbox data in word merged document?

Hello, I currently have checkbox data going into a word document from ACT, it currently comes up as "True" or "False", however I would like to change this to "Y" and blank if false.  I know in word you can use switches, however I can't seem to get the right wording for it to work for me....does anyone know???  Thanks, Chris
Tuned Listener

Re: How do I change checkbox data in word merged document?

I thought maybe I didn't explain myself very well, as haven't received any answers.  I have checkboxes in ACT and want to merge them into Word to say "Y" if the value is "true".  As I have 128 checkboxes to go into this file I don't want a heap of trues and falses....only showing the "trues".  Even if I can't change to "Y", can I have the falses not show???

The current merge info when pressing Alt+F9 is: DOCVARIABLE [ACTFIELD]TBL_CONTACT.CUST_MERGEFIELD_121246028 \* MERGEFORMAT

Normally in a word document I would put the switch: { IF { MERGEFIELD fieldname } = "true" "y" "" }
However when I do this ACT comes up with the error "object deleted" and won't open the file.

Thanks heaps!!!

Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

Hello Chriso1,

If anybody answered you it's maybe because anybody have the solution, simply Smiley Wink

I had a look and made some tests like you and I believe it is not possible currently. Maybe you could request this feature here: http://www.act.com/community/feature/ 

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }
Tuned Listener

Thank you so much, really appreciate it!!!!  I have done as you have suggested.

Copper Contributor

why dont you just do a find and replace from word when  the merge is complete,,, not the best ,,, but thats what i do,,,

Tuned Listener

Hi aritos

Thanks for that, yeah currently do that as well....unfortunately sometimes I forget to do it before printing, which makes it even more time consuming.  Thanks!!!