Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I auto import csv files into act and add to csv to a new tab?

Accepted Solution Solved
Skilled Commentator
Accepted Solution

How do I auto import csv files into act and add to csv to a new tab?

Hi,

I currently have most of our customers paying via fortniughtly direct debit. I get a csv file and pdf file with the customers, number payment info etc.  I want this to be uploaded to ACT, ideally in a new "Direct debit payments" tab. And have the applicable payment details added to the applicable customer. So the list of 200 or so customers would be automatically split up and the right line of text applied to the right customer.  Ideally this would be automated or at least very quick and easy to do each day.

From researching I think IT Import and IT service can do this? Can it? Or is there another option, or a better option? Once set up it needs to be quick and easy to do.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author scott hunt
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How do I auto import csv files into act and add to csv to a new tab?

Depends on how the fields are structured, how you want to use the data (reports?), how to match the records (unique customer number in both?), etc...

Give me a call Monday arvo or Tues and we can discuss:
http://www.glcomputing.com.au/contact.php

View solution in original post

All Replies

itImport + itService is the way I do it... and is the only one with local support in Australia ;-)
You'll probably also need itTables to create the ability to have multiple payments per customer.

That's for the CSV... not sure about reading the PDF - or is that just attached to the contact?
Skilled Commentator

Thanks Mike,

Yes I thought that would be the way to go, and I know you're the man to speak to about it from your website!  The PDF is just another format the CSV comes in, so not needed, just thought I'd mention it.  So IT Tables will be what I'll need to be able to see a full list of customer payments etc? I gather this can then be used to do some basic formulas based on the csv data and other fields such as price?

I'd be interested in getting you to set it up depending on price as well. Just let me know some options or give me a call on 0411228240

Thanks,

Scott

Skilled Commentator

Hi Mike, Gold Coast, QLD, can you do it remotely? Happy to use another ACT consultant if you can't do it remotely, but I only want to use one who has worked with these add ons a lot before. About how many hours does this sort of thing take to set up?

Scott

Solution
Accepted by topic author scott hunt
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Depends on how the fields are structured, how you want to use the data (reports?), how to match the records (unique customer number in both?), etc...

Give me a call Monday arvo or Tues and we can discuss:
http://www.glcomputing.com.au/contact.php
Skilled Commentator

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the help the other days, looks like your solution will work.  I'm just in the process of sorting out what I need with the direct debit company and I'll be in touch soon.

Scott