Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How can this be number 1?? WOW

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: How can this be number 1?? WOW

Charles2008 - Are you kidding? ACTisHorible is completly correct in his rant....

ACT needs some serious work -- actually they need to setup a study group of completly non bias users who are computer savy....(the "pc guy" that everyone has in their office with do | for this group you cant have a newbie | and make sure the 'pc guy' has never used ACT before  --- have him install, move a database, setup the whole office plus a few laptops (setting up sync and remote) make him us the software as a part of his job for a month ......

and then bring the group in and get all of there feedback and address those issues

Im 1 month into ACT and I can not believe this is the best software out there

Copper Contributor

Small correction -- ACT is obviously

NOT the #1 Contact and Customer Manager........

It is the #1 SELLING ------------

Great on the marketing and channeling --- lacking on the development and functionality

Platinum Elite Contributor

@bzelinski wrote:

I couldn't agree more.  We were so hopeful that ACT would be the solution to our problem.  Unfortunately, it's only been part of the problem.  We have even paid two different consultants to try to help us get the program to work properly and still to no avail.  One of its biggest problems is inconsistency.  Some features work on some of our computers and not on others.

It might help if you're more specific about the issus. Which Consultants? What area are you in? I might be able to recommend one that can help

I don't have the time or space to list of all of the problems and issues we have had with the program.  What I can't understand is 1) HOW they are able to continue selling a program that operates so poorly; 2) why they or someone else can't come up with one that works; and 3) MOST IMPORTANTLY -- does the company not care about how unhappy their customers are?

Nowhere on their site do I see anywhere to contact the company and let them know how dissatisfied a customer is, nor do they even offer any FREE assistance to help you get things running properly.  I'm coming to the conclusion that they don't offer to help you because nothing they can do would ever make the program work properly.

Like all big software companies, they do offer free installation support. ACT! is the most popular CRM product in the world, so it does work... it might require someone to look at your specific issues to determine a cause for your issue

@act60fan wrote:

ACT! 6.0 is still the best! Sure, it has email issues, but considering everything else is easy, intuitive, right off the menu and not hidden obscurely, well why would I want to bother with those newer versions? We search the internet for 6.0 and another client just bought a copy last week. Sage needs to take a long hard look at some of these comments. Long live 6.0! Maybe Sage could consider a scaled down version that doesn't have all those 'libraries', 'sales/opportunities', and confusing 'group' setups. Sometimes simpler is better!

I have also used ACT! since 1.0... and the only version I didn't use was 7.0 (which was a complete re-write but not as bad as 3.0).

The later versions are more complex due to the addition functionality, but I have found that (providing the hardware isn't too old) the newer versions have added functions that I cried for to get Symantec to add to versions 3-6... but the structure in the older versions would support them

@newatatc wrote:

Charles2008 - Are you kidding? ACTisHorible is completly correct in his rant....

ACT needs some serious work -- actually they need to setup a study group of completly non bias users who are computer savy....(the "pc guy" that everyone has in their office with do | for this group you cant have a newbie | and make sure the 'pc guy' has never used ACT before  --- have him install, move a database, setup the whole office plus a few laptops (setting up sync and remote) make him us the software as a part of his job for a month ......

and then bring the group in and get all of there feedback and address those issues

Im 1 month into ACT and I can not believe this is the best software out there

They do actually do these tests. One of the issues is in using Microsoft's .Net and SQL... while this has made many new functions possible, it has also increased the complexity and the reliance on a cleaner Windows system in order for it to run well.
Copper Contributor

I would expect that they do - do these tests

But to what length - Im talking about -- go to 10 Businesses - (that dont have ACT) -- but need a contact/customer manager - pick the top PC guy in the place (could be the sales manager - doesnt have to be anyone from IT) --- have the sales manager, install - config - sync the office up -- and import a database (from another program, excel sheet or so on.....)

and then - have that guy use ACT for a few weeks to get familiar with it - get bugs out - get the email going etc.....(meanwhile it will take him a few fews to get the office going)  And then get a report from that guy.....

That guy is ME ---- and I have a detailed report

Copper Contributor

a few weeks (not a few fews) sorry

That's exactly what is done during the beta cycles before each new version... and what ACT! Consultants do every day