Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How can I remove the Real Estate templates OR the prompt to update my templates?

Accepted Solution Solved
Loyal Listener
Accepted Solution

How can I remove the Real Estate templates OR the prompt to update my templates?

I'm running ACT for Real Estate 2008 but recently purchased some Commercial Real Estate templates as this is my primary work. So we imported my contacts/calendar etc from the old ACT to the new and life is good.

Problem is ever time I login to act I get a prompt to upgrade my templates and it want to replace my commercial templates with the residential templates.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author bobr
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: How can I remove the Real Estate templates OR the prompt to update my templates?

After updating the database, switch layouts using the layout button on the bottom left.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: How can I remove the Real Estate templates OR the prompt to update my templates?

Try editing the templates and saving as a new name.
Loyal Listener

Not sure how to edit the template? Or are you saying to edit say the contact dashboard and save?

[ Edited ]
Seems to be a little confusion.  What are the templates are you referring to (letter, email, dashboard, etc...)?
Message Edited by dlunceford on 12-17-2008 03:25 PM
Loyal Listener

I own Act for Real Estate 2008 which I presume is ACT standard with some custom templates etc. I know I've paid for ACT for RE but it's residential so I paid a consultant for a Commercial Real Estate templates. So they imported my old DB into their new DB and the dashboard and reports and everything is different.

NO problems until I shut down ACT and restart it prompts me to installl the ACT for RE templates that I no longer want. Of couse I press NO and go on but I don't want to mess up and press Yes some day and regret it.

So I need to get my ACT back to the Basic and have it not think it's the Real Estate Version?

Ok, it sounds like when the consultant customized that database for commercial, its was not on the Real Estate (RE) version.  Since you have the RE version installed, when opening the database, its trying to convert to RE.  This message will not go away until you either let it update to RE or install ACT! Standard or Premium.
Loyal Listener

Can I purchase the upgrade to ACT 2009 standard or premium and install that to take care of the problem?

Try doing this instead of purchasing another version.

- Backup the database.

- Close/Open ACT! and let it update the database to RE.

- Switch to your customized layout if needed and close ACT!.

- Open the database again to see if it prompts to update.

If it doesn't work, you can restore the backup.

Loyal Listener

Thanks for the idea but it didn't work.

When I restored it brought back the ACT for RE templates and tabs and I lost my templates and tabs for Commercial Real Estate.

So I restored the backup hoping this process may make the prompts go away and sorry they are back.

I restored back to the original file and I get prompted to update my templates again?

Solution
Accepted by topic author bobr
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

After updating the database, switch layouts using the layout button on the bottom left.