Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How can I make Notes appear on a Group Membership Report?

How can I make Notes appear on a Group Membership Report?

I have custom designed a membership report and I would like some contact notes to appear on the report.  How can I do this? 
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: How can I make Notes appear on a Group Membership Report?

It can't be done with the ACT! Report writer in that way.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Any ideas on how I can add a short message or note to my Group Membership Report for some of my contacts?
Platinum Elite Contributor

You can add a subreport for notes to the group report. Because of the way the ACT! reports work, you would get all the notes for the date range for the group plus for the contacts in the group. These notes would not be directly connected to the contacts bout would be simply all the applicable notes. The ideal method would be to have a subreport for the contacts in the group and then an embedded subreport for the contact notes. Unfortunately the ACT! reports only allow one level of subreports. One alternative to what you want would be to add a memo field to the contact table where you could add short notes for the contact, You could also make the memo field a history field so that you could capture updates to the field. The memo field could be added to the contact subreport in the group report to show the current contact notes.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129