Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How can I export the Notes & Activities fields?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

How can I export the Notes & Activities fields?

I'm trying to export some data to a .TXT file and I've got everything working but I can't select or add the Notes or Activities fields regardless of the view I choose.

Thanks,

Butch Grote

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ButchGrote
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: How can I export the Notes & Activities fields?

The default export option does not include this functionality and you would need a 3rd party tool like Exporter.
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ButchGrote
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

The default export option does not include this functionality and you would need a 3rd party tool like Exporter.
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

Not an acceptable solution!  I shouldn't have to pay over $200 to get my data out [Notes, activities data, etc].  The "Exporter" only exports 100 records in the trial version.  I have 18000 records.  I need another way to get my data out.
Platinum Elite Contributor

The fact is that the ACT! database is a complex structure rather than a single flat file. The utilities that will export all the ACT! data typically export to another relational database structure like Access. Other similar programs to ACT! such as Goldmine and Maximizer also don't provide full export capabilities. In fact, due to the popularity of the ACT! program, many competing programs provide a means to convert the ACT! data into their database structure.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

How can I export all my data to Microsoft Access or Excel without having to pay $200 for more software.  If I would have known this going in, I would have never purchased ACT.