Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How can I add a mail merge field e.g. Salutation to a Smart Task email?

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

How can I add a mail merge field e.g. Salutation to a Smart Task email?

I would like to set up some template emails to send to certain clients. However there is no documentation to show how to specify a mail merge field e.g. Salutation. I see a post from several years ago indicating that this is not possible. Is this still the case?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author agould
‎03-02-2017 07:03 AM
Administrator

Re: How can I add a mail merge field e.g. Salutation to a Smart Task email?

Hi agould,

That is correct. The Send E-mail Smart Task step does not support mail merge fields, however the Send Email Campaign step does. You can insert mail merge fields into the text when editing the template in the Act! emarketing template designer.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author agould
‎03-02-2017 07:03 AM
Administrator

Hi agould,

That is correct. The Send E-mail Smart Task step does not support mail merge fields, however the Send Email Campaign step does. You can insert mail merge fields into the text when editing the template in the Act! emarketing template designer.

Tuned Listener

Thanks for the swift reply.

It is a shame that this cannot be done from the standard email, as it is only an individual email and not a 'campaign'. The email should also come from our SMTP server. I will have a look at the email campaign, but will probably use Write>Mail Merge instead as I usually do.  It would be a time-saver to be able to allocate sending a standard mail merged email to a button/menu item etc.

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi agould,

Thanks for your feedback.

This improvement has been suggested in the past in our Share Your Ideas board.

You can give kudos to the idea to help improve the likelihood that this feature is implemented in the future.