Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How can I add Groups to a Company when in the Company area in ACT! 2011?

Copper Contributor

How can I add Groups to a Company when in the Company area in ACT! 2011?

Is there any way of adding Group membership when I'm working w/a Company in the Company screen area? Or is my only choice to do that either from the Contact screen?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Bronze Contributor

Re: How can I add Groups to a Company when in the Company area in ACT! 2011?

It has always been in ACT! that the primary record is the contact not the company. 

I think the problem comes because a contact can belong to one or more groups and one or more companies the relationship is always from the contact not from the company view. 

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

I realize how the basic system works but was hoping to be able to have a quicker work-around from the Company screen as I'd like to be able to record Groups with the intent of communicating w/them through email blasts or fax blasts. The traditional method is slow, just didn't know if there's a more efficient way of doing this process.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Hello Chandler,

Nice thing about ACT! is that; there is usually at least two ways of doing things.

But having said that, seems like you should be using the Contact Record side of ACT!, not the Company side for sending of emails and faxes.. However I do see the logic and for some users it may be the most efficient way of doing things.

But there is at least one way to do this.

Get in the Companies view, Select Tools / Define Fields  ( view fields for:   Companies)

From the Company record, create a new field using a Multi-Select Drop Down table. Place new field on your Company layout.

Add your Groups to your Drop down list. Cheers - FSB

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html