Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How can I Copy/Paste a block of Histories from one contact in one database to another contact in another database?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

How can I Copy/Paste a block of Histories from one contact in one database to another contact in another database?

I used to be able to do this in Act 2000, but can't seem to do this in Act 2012. Can this not be done anymore? What happens is someone will accidentally delete a bunch of Histories and I'll need to restore them. I can restore the db to another location, highlight the Histories, select Copy, but when I open the production db, I cannot Paste into the Histories section.

Please advice and thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author pkokkinis@yahoo.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How can I Copy/Paste a block of Histories from one contact in one database to another contact in another database?

t was possible in ACT! 6 and before it was very dangerous and could lead to database corruption. The databse structure in ACT! 2005 and later is more complex and moving multiple records using copy and past can't be done.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author pkokkinis@yahoo.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How can I Copy/Paste a block of Histories from one contact in one database to another contact in another database?

t was possible in ACT! 6 and before it was very dangerous and could lead to database corruption. The databse structure in ACT! 2005 and later is more complex and moving multiple records using copy and past can't be done.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129