Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How can Act be used to get back a lost customer?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

How can Act be used to get back a lost customer?

In the context/tradition of using ACT as a Sales Tool, I wonder:

"How can Act be used to get back a lost customer?"

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author tonypatti
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: How can Act be used to get back a lost customer?

There are two kinds of lost customer 1. The one you have been selling for sometime and the one that takes bids for their business.  You treat each of them in a way that allows you to have a chance for future business.  Today I would suggest working on the long time customer that has been lost - it happens to everyone from time to time.

Make sure that even before you lose a customer you have a letter ready to try and save a lost customer; Something like "I am sorry we have lost your business, I hope that it is possible to restore our relationship."  Keep the letter short one or two paragraphs.  Then follow up in a few weeks.  Not all promises are kept and your customer may be feeling the pain of a poor new vendor relationship.  Make sure that you keep in touch with lost customers - they know you and you know them.  Good reasons to start over.

The beauty of Act is that you can store letters for lost customers and you can store letters that are specific to losing a customer to a particular competitor.  One customer of mine had four letters he sent out when he lost business to a competitor that over promised. Within 6 months he was installing his product and had a big commission.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author tonypatti
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: How can Act be used to get back a lost customer?

There are two kinds of lost customer 1. The one you have been selling for sometime and the one that takes bids for their business.  You treat each of them in a way that allows you to have a chance for future business.  Today I would suggest working on the long time customer that has been lost - it happens to everyone from time to time.

Make sure that even before you lose a customer you have a letter ready to try and save a lost customer; Something like "I am sorry we have lost your business, I hope that it is possible to restore our relationship."  Keep the letter short one or two paragraphs.  Then follow up in a few weeks.  Not all promises are kept and your customer may be feeling the pain of a poor new vendor relationship.  Make sure that you keep in touch with lost customers - they know you and you know them.  Good reasons to start over.

The beauty of Act is that you can store letters for lost customers and you can store letters that are specific to losing a customer to a particular competitor.  One customer of mine had four letters he sent out when he lost business to a competitor that over promised. Within 6 months he was installing his product and had a big commission.