02-21-2009 07:01 AM
I've saved a few groups and have customized the columns specific to each group so that in contact List View
I see the unique info to each group. The problem is:
when I close out and switch groups I lose the custom columns (some groups do retain)
is there a way to save the custom columns for each group? Or are the columns global to all groups.
*I'm using Act 2008
Appreciate the help, this is my 1st posting to the forum
02-21-2009 11:47 AM - last edited on 02-23-2009 06:14 AM by dlunceford
This is a known issue under investigation with no current solution or work around.
For information on customizing columns, please refer to the following Knowledgebase Answer:
08-12-2010 07:35 PM
I have found that the custom columns settings change to a random layout if I leave ACT for a few hours.
This happens only to the Company and Groups columns for the Contact tab.
The customization does remain for the Contacts view.
Is there any thisn that I can do to keep the settings?
I have not accessed any other database that I know of.
08-13-2010 07:57 AM
I just upgraded to ACT!2010 std and am in process of converting all my databases. Then I will be able to see if issue has been resolved. Hope so. I wll try to post results back on this article when my test are complete. Cheers - FSB
08-13-2010 09:27 AM
Sad to say; prob still not resolved in act 2010... Maybe in 2011? Cheers - FSB
08-13-2010 09:49 AM
08-13-2010 01:06 PM
10 -4 good buddy - thanks - FSB
08-13-2010 05:47 PM
I think you could also back up your contact "CLY" to your desktop and re-import or copy it when you make a database or add it to your existing DB. Try it.
11-15-2010 01:08 PM
I did some digging and research on this.
The customized columns for all views, except for Contact-List are only temporarily retained.
Any database that you access (or a program on your computer acces) resets the columns to the default.
Temporary Fix / Work Around (not good, but does the job):
- Go to groups or whatever view that you want.
- double click on one of the contacts (NOT the blue link, somewhere else on the row),
- This brings that contact up in the contact view.
- Click on the "List View" button (under the Meetings button at the top)
- This gives you the lookup in the list view that DOES retain the column customization.
- The previous ACT! version had a lookup button that avoided all of this, and mad viewing groups simple, but they got rid of this for some reason. (Note, ACT! developers, this was a BAD feature to remove).
I hope that this helps you.