Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How To Re-Sync Act Contacts To Outlook

Bronze Contributor

How To Re-Sync Act Contacts To Outlook

Because I am also connected to Microsoft CRM Dynamics and Exchange 2013, I have many duplicate contacts in Outlook.  As a result when I do a sync from Act to Outlook the number of duplicate Act entries grows geometrically.

What I would like to do is to delete all the contacts in Outlook and re-sync the contacts from Act.

I understand that once Act is sync'd that Act is aware of which ones have been sent over.  Is there any way to reset ACT?  The alternative is to do an export and import which is more than time consuming.

Or any other iteas?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Bronze Contributor

Re: How To Re-Sync Act Contacts To Outlook

Anyone have tips on how to do this?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Copper Super Contributor

Re: How To Re-Sync Act Contacts To Outlook

Hi,

I am not exactly sure why you have duplicates in Outlook, nor an easy way to delete them although there is probably a tool to do that.

For Act/Outlook synching I only synch one way from Act to Outlook.  I never do a two-way synch. 

I use Act as the repository for customer information.  If a new customer contact is created, that goes into Act and then eventually that customer ends up also in Outlook after the next synch.

Outlook has too much other stuff like my plumber, co workers, and I definitely do not want all that in Act. 

For you my guess is you need to choose whether Microsoft Dynamics or Act will be the entry point for customers and go from there. If you randmomly use all three to create new contacts then I can see how it would get messy.  

Maybe that helps....Mike