Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How To Move Contact Layout Contents To a Company Layout Tab

Accepted Solution Solved
Bronze Contributor
Accepted Solution

How To Move Contact Layout Contents To a Company Layout Tab

Ver 11

I've been using ACT for about 3 months now.  I couldn't get my mind around the use of "companies" until recently, and am now wanting to take full advantage of it.

Unfortunately, I've spent a lot of time creating new fields and putting most of them in 1 of 3 new tabs in a contact view.  I would now like to move most of them to a "company" layout tab. 

I hope one of you ACT guru's will know a way to keep me from having to re-create the layout all over again.  There are a lot of items.

Any ideas?

Many thanks for your help and I hope everyone in America is taking time with family on a day set aside to give thanks.  Thanks for our freedom, for our families, and for those who are in harm's way defending this wonderful country.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How To Move Contact Layout Contents To a Company Layout Tab

Unfortunately you will need to recreate the layout for the Company as the Contact layout uses Contact-only fields and the Company layout uses Company-only fields.  So unfortunately they cannot be copied over as the fields would not valid for that layout.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How To Move Contact Layout Contents To a Company Layout Tab

Unfortunately you will need to recreate the layout for the Company as the Contact layout uses Contact-only fields and the Company layout uses Company-only fields.  So unfortunately they cannot be copied over as the fields would not valid for that layout.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.