Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How To: Get ACT! to return a count of duplicate contacts when importing from a CSV file.

How To: Get ACT! to return a count of duplicate contacts when importing from a CSV file.

Hi everyone,

I am new to these forums, but I could not find a solution to the problem I am having through the search function. 

Once a week, I import contacts into ACT! 2009 from a CSV file.  I select Merge as the logic for duplicates based on Contact and Phone.  What I want is for ACT! to give me a lookup (or list) based on the contacts that were processed through the Merge logic.

How can this been accomplished?

Thank you for the help.

Re: How To: Get ACT! to return a count of duplicate contacts when importing from a CSV file.

bump for solution?
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: How To: Get ACT! to return a count of duplicate contacts when importing from a CSV file.

When you perform an import, the contacts that are created or updated by the import will have the field 'Import Date' updated.  Doing a Lookup on this field will show all contacts affected by the import.  To determine the ones that were updated you can customize the Contact List view and add the fields 'Import Date' and 'Create Date'.  This way you can see the ones that were created on a different date than the import.

Here is a link to instructions for customizing your columns:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1389...

Greg Martin
Sage